If you had told me a year ago at this time that in 2012 I would not move (house was under contract this time last year), would be diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer, have major surgery, have chemo and all kinds of complications besides just losing my hair and barfing... I would have never believed it.
But if you had told me about 9 months ago that at Thanksgiving this year I would be healthy enough to be in California and heading to Disneyland and the beach, that I would have a cool new hair cut, and I would be happy and healthy (relatively speaking) I wouldn't have believed that either. Amazing how perspective can change in such a short period of time.
So just a few things that I am grateful for today... in no particular order.
Dr. Brown, Dr. Zempolich, all of the great nurses and PAs and other Docs that have taken care of me, good insurance, Dave, Lauren, Kenzi and Cam, my family and Dave's family and everything they have done for us this year, my fabulous friends and neighbors, all of the great people in our ward and stake, my kids' fabulous friends and their families, being able to eat anything, so many acts of service given to our family, hair, Heavenly Father and my Savior, my mom and all of the memories I have of her, scriptures, calming music, no holes in my stomach, soccer, One Voice Children's choir, caring people taking my to chemo and Dr. appointments, foot rubs, exercise, being able to be drive, the peace I have felt at the temple, snow, great teachers at my kids schools, General Conference, great teachers at church, the cabin, sunsets, homemade blue cheese dressing, walks with my family or friends, my church calling and the fact that I am alive, I'm here to enjoy being a mom and still here to enjoy all of these blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment