
I know I have said this before, but one of the biggest blessings I have received in my life is being surrounded by so many good people during the past 5 months. A friend told me a few months ago she always hoped she could be at her own funeral so she can hear how much she really was loved -- I don't have to hope for that -- I have been blessed to see all of the good and wonderful people in my life right now. It would take me days to write about all of love and big and little acts of service I have received.
I do have to share a couple of experiences I've had in the last few weeks.
After being chemo rejected two weeks in a row, I was pretty darn devastated and feeling about as low emotionally as I had been since I February. This didn't last for long though. I had so many people let me know they were fasting and praying for me and I can't begin to explain how much this lifted me. My heavy heart and negative thoughts were pushed aside as I realized how many prayers were being offered in my behalf.
I had to chance to be a part of two of fasts with people I love and admire. Two times that week I had a chance be part of a group fast and kneel down with people I love and hear them pray for me and my Drs. and my kids. I got to watch my kids follow the example of family and friends and fast for 24 hours for me (which was tough for Cameron who kept saying all afternoon that in 5 more minutes he was going to break his fast and someone managed to make it the whole time.)
Do you know how humbling and amazing it is to feel the spirit at the end of a fast and be the recipient of the love and prayers and blessings?
I also received a treasured gift at the end of one of these fasts. My entire family -- spearheaded by the brains of Mandy and talents of Jacque -- gave me a quilt that they had been working on for months. (I can't even begin to imagine how much time Jacque spent on this and the thought and creativity that went into the squares.) After we ended the fast they gave me an incredible quilt that included a square from everyone in my family. We sat there for probably a half an hour and looked at each square and laughed and cried about the pictures, the thoughts and the stories behind each of the squares.
It is overwhelming and an amazing blessing to have good, kind, wonderful loving family and friends and neighbors and even acquaintances who are getting me through this through fasting, praying, phone calls, txts, emails, cards, food, service, visits, smiles, taking care of my kids, encouragement and love!

No comments:
Post a Comment