If Kenzi is worried about my reaction to something she is about to tell me she always prefaces the beginning of the conversation with ... "I need to tell you something but I'm afraid your going to be... mad or sad or disappointed, etc."
A few days ago in the car.
Kenzi: "Mom I need to tell you something but I don't want to make you feel bad."
Mom: "It is ok, go ahead and tell me."
Kenzi: "I know about Santa."
Mom: "What are you talking about."
(I actually am pretty sure she has known for a few years but never said anything. And you have to understand until my mom died 16 years ago she never admitted to me "knowing about Santa.")
Conversation goes back and forth -- won't go into details here since Cam sometimes looks at blog.
Kenzi: "Does Lauren know?"
Kenzi super disappointed when she finds out Lauren already is in on it. Conversation goes back and forth when it hits me that Cam will be 7 this spring and my kids are all almost out of the magical stages of childhood.
Mom: Tears start running down my cheeks.
Kenzi: Touching my arm and saying "I'm sorry, I knew it would make you cry if I told you."
Two questions. (1) Am I that predictable? (2) How can I freeze time?
4 comments:
that's so sad! my mom has a friend whose son "didn't know" about it until he was in seventh grade, so you have hope for cam! he was pretty devastated when he found out, though.
Makes me sad, too! Then again, there will be grandkiddos... :0)
I love Kenz. What a tender heart.
Gavin and I just love reading your blog...and Kenzi's. You have some pretty dang cute kids! They are growing up too much!
Post a Comment