Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mud Bowl 2011 & Other St. George Highlights!























* 2nd Place in the mud fest wasn't too bad... I pretty sure they would have taken first given a normal playing field.

* I have never seen so much mud in my life. The mud fest (AKA soccer tournament) is played on a sod farm and after two straight days of rain mud was everywhere. We banished Kenzi & Cameron from getting out of the car. Pictures don't do the mess justice.


* Good samaritans got extra points for pushing cars out of mud -- have you seen what they look like when the car finally gets out? Kind of odd watching a tractor pull an SUV out of the mud.


* People got very clever... the best was garbage bags tied around their feet... or the barefoot option was good too!


* Loved the patches of mud on the girls' heads after they "headed" the ball... even Lauren who hates dirt didn't stop playing hard.


* I must admit that I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to have a mud fight with Mikelle's dad ... we said we'd mud fight if the girls took 1st place.


* Even though it was sporatic, and a few hours here and there, it was fun to see Dave's mom and Clint and I think the enjoyed the visits despite the mud and kids wrestling.

* Grandma must be mellowing out -- she laughed at the ponytail the girls put in Cam's hair.

* I'm pretty sure Cameron's trip highlight would be the open breakfast bar and our room being very to access from the breakfast. No exaggeration... while I was getting ready for church on Sunday morning Cameron made at least 20 trips for breakfast, drinks, napkins, more food, more cups, more cereal, and on and on and on.


* Despite 2 freezing cold games in the rain on Saturday, somehow the soccer girls had enough energy for a swimming/pizza/game night back at the hotel!


* I love having parents on the team who take each others kids between games, to get drinks, that let my kids hang out in their hotel rooms, and on and on.



* Kenzi, Cam and I got good use of the workout room... they thought that was so cool since they can't go the gym with Lauren and I at home.


* Although the car DVD is banned for use at home, can I say how much I love it on trips?! I love car games but... the time whizzes by!


* Kenzi discovered the joy of hot chocolate with creamer... I'm pretty sure she drank some little cups straight.


* Dave, Lauren and Kenzi highly recommend Tangled. Lauren and I didn't get to see it, but we will for sure be going.


* Snow against red rock is amazing!


* Being the witnesses for a freeway wreck and calling 911 can be considered an aerobic workout. Pretty cool how the GPS on 911 calls on cell phones work though.

* The city park in Green Valley is probably my favorite park anywhere. And the sunning coming up after 2 days of rain made it even better!

3 comments:

Coco said...

I love how lauren just looks disgusted in every picture taken of her.

Happy2Bme said...

This seriously looks like so much fun! What an awesome weekend!

Rob & Megg said...

Wow...that mud looks like so much fun! Way to go Lauren, and Cameron that ponytail is just right on you!