President Murdock gave a great talk in Stake Conference today. He told a story about when he was 15 and went to a fireside. The astronaut that spoke that evening said they should each "decide to decide" today what they will do and what they want to be -- just make the decision one time -- and do it before you are in the moment when emotions can take over. He then told some great stories about this.
So... at Sunday dinner tonight -- with Grandpa's, Dad and Moms input -- the Hess kids "Decided to Decide" some things they will never do. And now they will never have to make that decision again!!! (Ok... so may not be quite that easy, but let's hope it starts them on the right track.) Here is the list the kids came up with.
1. I will never take any kind of drugs.
2. I will never drink alcohol ... or even taste it.
3. I will never drive in a car with someone who has been drinking alcohol.
4. I will never smoke cigarettes.
5. I will never shoplift or steal.
6. I will never watch bad movies or look at pornography of any kind.
7. I will not date until I am 16.
8. I will stay morally clean and not do anything that would keep me from being morally clean.
9. I will always dress modestly. (No bikinis, spaghetti straps, short short dresses/skirts/shorts, low cut/super tight blouses/dresses... and Cameron extra promises never to wear the bikini or spaghetti straps.)
3 comments:
Way to go Lauren, Kenzie and Camo!!! Sounds like some great nevers. If you stick to them you will have an awesome teenage life.
Fewww! Can't tell you how relieved I am to read that Cam agreed to the the no bikini, etc. And thanks too to all of you for volunteering at the CCC (Candy Cane Corner). I personally "shop" many families here that I work with all year and I can't begin to tell you how much they love it. The fact that they can pick out and wrap gifts for their kids is so empowering and means a ton more than just having gifts given to them. This year the generosity of the community has been especially noteworthy. Thanks Hess fam!
Lol...glad to know Camo isn't gonna wear a bikini or spaghetti straps.
Post a Comment