Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday LOLO!

How can Lauren be 13 today?!?! I honestly feel like it could have been yesterday when they walked in the door with a perfect baby girl, in a white little outfit and put her in our arms. I remember Dave saying it was "love at first sight."

That night at 2:00 am my dad and brothers and sisters all came over to meet her. Sweet Nancy Wright (the only person I had told about the adoption) decorated the front lawn with pink balloons. My dad brought over a cake and while we were all "oohing and aawing" over Luaren Pugsley got up on the counter and started eating the cake... it has been a whirlwind ride ever since.
  • Energetic -- seriously, can anyone live on so little sleep and still be up and running and moving and talking and running and shoveling at midnight and moving again, wrestling with her siblings and on and on and on!!!
  • Athletic -- love watching her play soccer and run and learn to play volleyball and snowboard and use the wonderful body she was blessed with.
  • Smart -- every day I am grateful for how well she does in school, the fact she loves to read and dissect cow eyes and do science projects and play music (although she says she hates that.)
  • Responsible -- so great about calling Beehives, babysitting, taking care of her own homework, cleaning and organizing.
  • Funny -- she is witty and laughs a lot. I love to watch a good, funny movie with her because she is sure to be full of deep belly laughs.
  • Organized (except for now that she is 13 there is organization under the top layer of "stuff" in her room.
  • Kind -- she loves to do things for the neighbors and surprise us. (She learned a lot of that from the neighbors.) She wants to make cookies, take dinners, give money, do service. I've loved going to all of the temples to do baptisms with her for our Personal Progress goals and watch her learn about service and the temple.
  • Teenager -- although I have to admit I cried when we took her "donut-in-bed" this morning, I love that she is growing up. We took her friend with us out to dinner on Friday for her birthday and watching them giggle and whisper about boys and just be teens is so fun!!!
I could go on and on... but the weather outside is frightful, and despite the fact that she shoveled last night at 11:00 pm, there is still a ton of snow to get out of the way before church.

Love you Lolo!!

2 comments:

mattie said...

happy birthday, lauren! we sure love you and scott really does want to play monopoly again.

Tara said...

Happy late birthday Lobo!! You are awesome little cuz. Can't believe you are a teenager!!