Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cam & the 12 Article of Faith... and his anxious personality!

Last Sunday Cam was asked to give the 12th Article of Faith in Primary for the next week. During Sacrament meeting I looked it up for him and he read it, and read it, and read it, and read it. He recited it, and practiced it... fast and slow and in between and in Pirate speak!!!

This morning he was so excited and so prepared -- he was up, dressed and ready to go before I was even out of bed. He cracks me up how seriously he takes things.

We had parent/teacher conference this week and he was wringing his hands and biting his lips. He was so nervous. He wants to be perfect and to have everyone view him as perfect. His teacher loves him -- and he knows it -- so I couldn't figure out why he was so anxious.

If he ever does anything wrong I have to be careful not to be too hard on him, because he is 10x harder on himself than I could ever be -- it makes me feel so bad.

I guess the apple doesn't drop far from the tree.

No comments: