I'm loving following political news tonight! And in honor of both my mother and father, I just need to document my "role" in the election results (so that my children and grandchildren will know how strongly I feel about political involvement and be aware of what is happening around us!)
Mom... only heard her swear a couple of times my whole life -- one instance was while she was mowing the lawn, talking about the Iran Contra Affair and politics and told me about "those damn democrats." She talked to us a lot about our government leaders and even though she didn't vote for him, in the 70's she drug all of us down to the Salt Palace to see President Jimmy Carter when he came to Utah.
Dad... well if you know my dad you don't need me to tell the countless tales of his voicing his political views, protesting against "injustice" and driving around NSL in the back of a truck with a "bull horn" voicing his opinion. (And I can't forget the time Scott made me go door to door with him in Idaho once campaigning against gambling!)
I've always been fairly politically active and during the Clinton years, due to my constant letter writing campaign, Dave was pretty sure I was on the Secret Service watch. I don't know a ton about Scott Brown but as I've heard about him and watched the news this past week I decided I wanted to make my opinion heard. I signed up to make "get out to vote" calls for the election today. Due to some technical issues I only was able to make 2 calls, but oh well... two is better than none!
So... dad you should be proud and mom, I hope you know I really was watching and listening to you. Cameron keeps asking me what I think about the "dummacratics and dammacratics" (and no I didn't tell him those names) and tells me he is glad he is an American so I guess it is rubbing off on your grandkids as well!
2 comments:
Go Steph!
Who knew my family was so political. Have you seen Kelli's post today? I am NOT really political. Passionate about specific issues, yes...political...not really. Maybe I was adopted.
Post a Comment