Sunday, March 1, 2009

"I Hate This Leg!!!" ... or our own personal Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde










Ok... if you've never had a child with night terrors or nighttime leg aches, you may not appreciate this... for those of you who have I know you can relate.

I've not slept through the night for more than a few nights in a row since Cameron was born. He was Mr. Piggy the 1st year and I had to nurse him once in the middle of the night until he was 1 (which by the way I loved my quiet nighttime with him). After he turned 1 he turned into a terrible monster at night sleeping on the floor for 6 months refusing his new big boy bed and on and off for the past 4 years Cameron has night terrors or nighttime leg aches. (Thankfully, in the past 2 months the night terrors have drastically reduced.) However, last night we had one of our funnier leg ache episodes.


2:30 am -- Cameron slips in to bed with us moaning and growning.

2:31 am -- Kidney punch with the right leg

2:32 am -- Stomach kick with the left leg

2:33 am -- You get the picture -- he always stays on Steph's side of the bed.

2:53 am -- Steph -- "Dave I'm going in Cameron's bed, if I get kicked again I'm going to die."

2:53 and 1/2 am -- Cameron flops himself to the floor and starts moaning there.

2:54 am -- Steph climbs back in bed thinking "I may hear him, but at least I won't get kicked."

2:57 am -- Cameron climbs back in bed moaning/crying.

3:03 am -- Steph goes in Cameron's room.

3:15 am -- Uncontrollable screaming from Cameron. "Make it stop mommy! Mommy make it stop!!!"

3:16 am -- Steph hears Cameron get out of bed and start wandering around the halls.

3:16 and 1/2 am -- Steph gets up and finds Cameron in the hall hitting his leg, screaming "I HATE THIS STUPID LEG, I HATE THIS STUPID LEG."

3:17 am -- Dave and Steph laugh out loud and say "at least he isn't walking up and down the hall making up swear words like he did last time he had a night terror." Grushin, bookin, japajs -- etc. at the top of his lungs.

3:18 am -- Steph finds Ibuprofen and heats up a corn pad and walks Cameron to his room.

3:21 am -- Steph sits with Cameron on his bed rubbing his leg laughing at his totally out of control behavior... thinking "good thing you aren't a woman -- you'd never be able to deliver a baby."

3:22 am -- Kenzi from across the hall "Mom, Mom -- make him stop! I can't sleep!"

3:23 am -- Steph goes into Kenzi's room, starts a tape and pulls the door shut.

3:24 am -- Steph goes back to Cam's room and tries to rub his leg. Cameron continues screaming.

3:25 am -- Steph gives up, pulls Cams door shut, goes back to bed and comments to Dave on an old "pre-pregnancy" joke that I won't share here.

3:45 am -- Ibuprofen kicks in and Cameron falls asleep... Dave and Steph finally fall asleep too!

8:30 am -- Cameron wakes up -- sweet, kind and cuddly.

9:45 am -- Mom writes in blog and teases Cameron and he walks over and give her a great big kiss and snuggles on her lap.


It is hard to stay made at the world's huggiest, kissiest kid -- who by the way starts every request with "Please beautiful mamma ... can I have a drink of water or can I have a snack, etc." I guess if that is what I get all day long I can handle the occasional pyschotic night son! I love you LM (little man.)

2 comments:

kelzone said...

cameron is undoubtedly the funniest, cutest little boy i know! i love reading all of your hilarious stories about him, and i cannot believe how old lauren is getting! i still remember in 3rd grade my mom checked me out of school for "a surprise" (which she NEVER did, so thanks!) and there was a sign in front of your house, it's a girl!
p.s. masa accepted me to do a sort of internship this summer!

mattie said...

i laughed so hard when i read this. i can just imagine him doing that.

also, i hope that mouse in the laundry was dead. i would have freaked out. at least it didn't go through the dryer, that would have been a nightmare. thanks - i am never using that washing machine ever again.