Saturday, March 8, 2014

Phoenix Soccer Tournie... Bus ride wasn't too bad afterall!

Somehow I signed up to take the bus with Lauren and 2 buses full of soccer players for a 4 day trip to Phoenix.  I was DREADING it!!!!  DREADING, DREADING!  I talked Kenzi in to coming with me so I'd have someone to hang out with on the bus.  

The 5:45 am morning started out horribly -- with Dave locking the keys in the car, with it running -- and our luggage in the back.  The bus was about to leave, we have no spare keys and let's just say breaking the window was our only option.  By the time I get on the bus Kenzi had gotten us the back row, by the bathroom, with no lay down seats.  Hmmm... one really cranky mom.

It only went up from there.  We actually had a great time -- the weather was gorgeous -- the pool was amazing -- there was yummy breakfast every morning -- we rented a car and went to church and about 10 boys from a boys team were there -- Jana was there and that was fun -- I got to see our friends Jim and Jamie -- Kenzi and I had a ton of fun togther -- I met a new friend (one of the players moms) and she was great and swam with me and Kenzi and hung out with us -- and the bus was not too bad at all.

So I guess when you picture something being the most awful experience in the whole world, it can only go up from there. 















No comments: