Monday, April 22, 2013

Just another day in paradise... or at chemo!

Kind of strange -- I had chemo this morning.  I didn't obsess about it for the last few days, Dave is out of town and oddly enough it just felt like another day.  (Not sure this a good thing by the way.)

But it is nice to have it be familiar.  I've gotten to the point these last couple that the only time I actually get nervous is right before they start my drip of the study drug.  I just have a different reaction each time so I'm not sure what to expect.

Last time was normal.

The time before I got sick to my stomach and hard to work hard not to barf.

This time I seeemed to have a bit of an allergice reaction to it.  As soon as the drip started my face went flush and hot and felt swollen and I had a lot of pressure in my chest.  Not panicky - I can't breathe type pressure, just tight and swollen.  My eyes got red and my head got all stuffed up. 

It did worry me a bit so I stayed for a few minutes after to make sure I could still breath.  And took a Claritin just to be safe... my arms were getting a bit itchy.

Cute Sue and I then went to lunch to celebrate her birthday.

I do think Sue (and my sisters or whoever takes me) is part of why it seems so "ok" right now (that and I'm not so dang sick and am in remission I hope).

But Dave called this morning when I was on my way in and said "Oh you'll be great.  You always come home in such a good mood cause you and Sue have so much fun." 

True.. .wish my fun "girl time" wasn't while I was at chemo.. but true!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Allergies passed, then? Chemo is bad enough, but boo to chemo with an allergic reaction.