Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Christmas Day
Christmas Day was a bit strange this year... we arrive at the airport at 11:54 pm Christmas Eve and finally made it to bed about 2:30 am. Cam and Dad were pretty sure they saw Santa from the plane as we traveled across the country, but somehow we made it home before he got here.
The kids were great -- the cruise was their Christmas gift from us -- and they just enjoyed a more low key morning with a few gifts from relatives and friends. As always Cameron loved everything he opened and wandered off playing with each thing.
BTW -- loved Cameron's homemade gift... hope you can read what it says. I've already enjoyed the foot rub.
Thanks to the Becksteads we had yummy Christmas breakfast and a good ride home from the airport.
After a wonderful Sacrament Meeting, we enjoyed some naps and a great dinner with Walls watching the hours and hours of Rob's cruise videos... favorite part was Lauren's hair video.
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about being gone the week before Christmas, but it was actually fabulous. If anything wasn't done before we left, it was too late. I'm sure partially due to my head swimming and my body rocking -- it was nice just not to worry about what was done or not done and just enjoy the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment