Wednesday, June 22, 2011

He's Come a Long Way Baby...



  • At my cousins church on Father's Day. The Primary gets up to sing Father's Day songs. I look over and Cam and ask him if he wants to sing. Really just kidding... no way he would ever go up with kids he doesn't know, in a church he's never been in. He looks at Kenzi and says please come up with me. She laughs. No way. Cam's eyes tear up. Wants to go, but not by himself. I tell him it is no big deal.


  • He takes a deep breath, stands up and walks to the front. Most of the kids are already up there by now. He proudly stands there and sings. The first song he has never even heard of. My family all just laughing. My nieces think I made him go up and say I'm mean. Everyone in awe because up until last year he wouldn't even look at my aunts in the eye.


  • He sings the songs, smile on his face and comes and sits down. No one else can appreciate this, but all of the Bevans, who know how painfully shy Cam use to be are in awe. At least 10 family members comment to him after at dinner how great it was.


  • He was sad that morning that he wasn't going to our church. He really wanted to sing to his dad for Father's Day. I think that obedient/do-what-is-right part of him had a lot to do with it.


  • I thought bearing his testimony in church was monumental. In a chapel full of strangers I couldn't believe it. Thank heavens for nursery, preschool, Kindgerten, primary, wonderful sisters and great friends that have helped Camo.

2 comments:

Nancy Nina said...

So cool Cam! Very impressive.

Tara said...

Wow. Just wow.