Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Cam!







i




Tomorrow is Cam's 6th Birthday... man I love this kid. (LM...little man... here are a few reasons you are so awesome.)

10. He is seriously the most sweet and tender little boy I've ever seen. He loves to hold open doors and tell me how beautiful I am. He loves to give kisses and snuggle. Today I kept telling him he had to kiss me one time for every marshmallow he ate, so he kept running to the bag, grabbing a handful and telling me he just ate 100...

9. He is super intense and takes things very seriously. If you ever want to be entertained come watch him at a karate class.

8. He doesn't give up... ever. When learning to tie his shoes or ride his big new bike (way big) he is determined to do it until he has it mastered. I should have taken a picture of his face tonight as he went around and around the cul-de-sac, trying not to fall off the big bike and learn to use hand brakes.

7. He is such a hard worker! He was a machine at the ward clean-up and spending a day with his dad in the yard is one of his favorite things to do. He also loves to get out of bed and come unload the silverware from the dishwasher without being asked.

6. He listens really well... and does what I ask him to almost the 1st time every time. (I soooo hope he does out grow that one.)

5. He loves homework. After years of watching his sisters do homework, he thinks it is super cool to sit down at the table and work. In fact, he loves school so much when I want to tease him I tell him I'm going to have him do Kindergarten again next year so I can spend more time with him. The first time I said that he got a little teary, and looked at me very seriously and said "you can't do that --- that would be illegal!"

4. He can spend hours in his own world... sometime it is karate chopping, sometimes it is star ward or transformers. Tonight he laid up in his bed acting out a total transformer world. (Don't you wish you were a kid again.)

3. He idolizes his sisters, especially Makenzie. He absolutely adores her and would do anything in the world for her!! (So boys, watch out... when Kenzi is 16 Cam will only be 12 but I have the feeling he will be a very big 12 year old.) He also idolizes Dave. He wants to dress like him, act like him and be just like him.

2. Thanks to Brother Tangren and the mission fund tradition he started, he loves to save money. His Grandma called tonight to tell him she's sending him some money for his birthday and asked him what he wants to get with it. "Hmm... I think I'll just put it all in my mission fund." Apparently she was so impressed she said she'd send him some money for his mission and then some extra to just spend.

1. Everything! You were more than worth the stress, heart ache and trauma it took to get you here and I'd even do the years of sleepless nights, night terrors, occasional melt-downs (see pix on the deck of the cabin) and awful #2 potty training with you again!! (I have to write these things about you Cam since my blog doubles as my journal and we don't want to forget these good/bad memories.)

5 comments:

Adam said...

Happy Birthday Camo!!! What a great little guy!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cam! you really are as great as your mom says you are!

kelzone said...

happy birthday rocky! it sounds like he's living up to his name.

mattie said...

happy birthday cam! i can't believe how tall he is. when i saw him at the wedding, it looked like he had grown a foot since i saw him last which was probably not that long ago!

Misty said...

We like that Cam, too. If my 2 youngest have anything to say about it, he'll be part of our family someday. But I know lots of little girls feel the same way about him already, too. :)