Ok, so on the way home from SEPs today Cameron and Kenzi are in the backseat talking about who knows what and we then have the following conversation:
Cameron: Mom, in my next life I want to be adopted.
Me: What did you say?
Cameron: Well you know, don't we get two lives -- another life after this one? Well I want to be adopted.
Me: Sorry buddy, in the next life we are all sealed together so you will still have the same mom and dad.
Kenzi: It's ok Cameron. All of us are kind of adopted. Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother really are our real parents so it doesn't really matter.
Cameron: Oh.
Me: Yeah I guess you're right. So Kenzi I guess that makes you and me sisters.
Kenzi: I know. I was thinking about that earlier. That means Jackson and I (a kid she fights with a lot at school) are really brother and sister. Eww!
Me in my head 1st thought: Wow, I'm a really great mom that has helped my girls feel so loved and secure about adoptions and sealings, etc. that Cameron even wants to be adopted. (Side note -- at our house Cameron has been told not so nicely "you don't have a birth mom." "Oh yes he does" I reply. "Oh you don't count. Your not a birth mom your just mom." He once asked me what his birth mother's name was because being just "born" wasn't very exciting.)
Me in my head 2nd thought: Or more likely... Cameron is still ticked off that I am his mean mom and that he inherited the Bevan cry face and my lack of ability to control tears (see blog post from earlier today) and is thinking that his only chance for a really good mom is in the next life.
4 comments:
Awesome! My kids just ask to move to other families so not sure which that makes me either.
your kids are hilarious. and kenzie is so smart.
That is awesome. Kenz is truly a genius. Love that girl. I love all your kids actually!
That is way to funny. You are a great mom!
Post a Comment