Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gone Baby Gone... and within 2 1/2 minutes of posting

I finally broke down last week and bought a new car (well new to us). Can I tell you how nice it is to drive up a hill and have the transmission actually shift -- and to have kids in the car and not worry that we might not make it home?

Anyway... I posted the old Durango on ksl.com this afternoon and within 3 minutes someone called, met us to look at it and bought it a few hours later. On the phone he asked if we would hold it for him until he got there. I gave him disclaimer after disclaimer with all of the problems it has and he assured me he was a mechanic and would know what he was getting. (Horrid memories of the car buying stalker Dave and I had to deal with when we sold our CRV 15 years ago!)

I laughed thinking it was just a fluke we happened to get called so quickly. Well... not so much I think. Before I could get home and mark it sold on ksl.com I had 3 more calls about.

Apparently, there is quite a market for an SUV in pretty good exterior/interior condition -- but major engine problems.

Goodbye Durango that has so many great memories... we won't really miss you at all!!!

3 comments:

kelzone said...

what's the new car?!?

Misty said...

Funny you didn't mention what the new car is, Steph. Well, kelzone, she bought the exactly same car!! A newer silver Durango. :) Apparently, you were going to miss the old Durango. You bought it's newer sibling. Love you, Steph.

Nancy Nina said...

This would never happen to me. I have people out of their minds trying to get their money back on a car they bought (with the knowledge of its problems and getting a killer deal) 4 months after the transaction. You lucky girl you!