Monday, December 8, 2008

December 4th -- Day 3: Hanauma Bay










Thanks to Adam and Stacey hooking us up with 4 boogie boards, beach towels and a cooler we were off to our first all day adventure Hanauma Bay beach and snorkeling. Unfortunately you have to watch a movie before heading down and it freaked out the kids a little -- seeing all of the fish swimming around... but it was beautiful!!!! I've forgotten how picture perfect Hanauma Bay is and it was a perfect sunny day. Just like Disneyland, I think the week after Thanksgiving is a good time to visit Hawaii. We pulled in the 1/2 filled parking lot and headed down to the beach.

Although the water is not caribean clear and quite as warm -- the fish were fabulous. I saw 3 of the coolest fish I've ever seen. A zebra striped fish, a black with orange rings and a rainbow fish I've never seen before. Dave loved the snorkeling and the kids loved the sand.

Cam layed down to take a nap and snoozed for about 2 hours (under towels so we didn't get burned). Unfortunately when Cam woke up he didn't seem to be feeling well. We packed up and headed home.

We had a fun dinner at some little shops by the hotel. Dave had Pho (that noodle soup stuff) and the kids and I had Hawaiin BBQ chicken with chopsticks... it was yummy!!!

Afteward the girls and I headed out for what would become a nightly adventure. We wandered through the shops (Lauren was acosted by a cute sales lady trying to get her to buy a purse -- we had to quickly make an escape) and headed to the beach. It was so beautiful at night! We could see venus and jupiter and the girls played in the water. No swimming suits -- but they still had a great time! We wandered back through the shops, found a shave ice shop and headed home to enjoy a cool treat!

No comments: