Sunday, November 30, 2008

Why Does Everyone Love me So Much!!?!?!


Ok... so Cameron is just at that age when kids crack me up. He and I were taking a walk together the other day and he said out of the blue, "Mom, why does everyone love me so much!!!" I laughed and asked him who loves him so much and he started rattling off name after name after name. I guess we can say that Cameron has a healthy self-esteem!

I do think his sweet sisters that adore him give him a ton of confidence and always tell him how cute and funny he is. Along with the fact that he tells everyone "my preschool teacher Mrs. Wing is in love with me." (So she told me one day how much she loves him and I told him that she is in love with him and he went up to her the next day at school and said "Mrs. Wing, my mom said you are in love with me!" as he was batting his eyes at her.)

So Cameron... here is to you and your healthy self-esteem.

One other quick Cameron story for the journal -- Cam, you are the MOST AWFUL SLEEPER. The other night he came in about 5 times in a row (about 3:00 am) and asked if it was morning. (We have a rule he can get in bed with us "when the sun comes up.") Time after time I sent him back to bed and the last time he stormed out of the room and started ranting and raving ... "stupid, dumb, gruaomshsum, lushum," etc. just making up cuss words. He reminded me of the little boy in A Christmas Story when he starts cussing. He stayed in his room for about 20 minutes yelling and screaming. Funny thing... next morning he didn't remember a thing. Kenzi woke up and said "I had the most terrible dream -- Cameron was screaming and yelling...." Wish it were a dream Kenzers!

Unrelated picture...we seem to have a neighborhood racoon problem... yes they often come in our basement through the cat door (in a closed room but nonetheless have scared Dave to death when he opened the door in the middle of the night to find 3 raccoon rampaging our laundry room). Our neighbors keep catching them in a trap -- here is Cameron with the latest. Yes, we too have a trap but have only caught our cat 1x and George (the poodle next door) 4 times!!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

That is one ginormous raccoon! Hope you guys are having a blast on your surprise trip!!